If you purchased your board butter from us, thank you for supporting us. We appreciate you. Our board butter was handmade by us in Republic, MO, and is made using a combination of Food-Grade Mineral Oil and locally-sourced bees wax.
- Ensure your cutting board is clean and dry prior to application.
- Using a spoon, scoop out approximately 1-tablespoon of board butter and apply it to the cutting board surface.
- Use your hands to apply the board butter liberally. The warmth of your hands will slowly melt the board butter allowing it to soak into the cutting board.
- Add additional board butter from the jar as necessary.
- After the cutting board surface has been completely covered, allow the cutting board to soak overnight.
- Wipe off any excess board butter that did not soak in.
- Store your container of board butter at room temperature.
- As a reminder, wood cutting boards should be stored upright and in a dry place.
- Re-apply board butter cutting board when your cutting board starts to look “dry”.
If you have any questions, please email WoodStudioMW@gmail.com. And thanks again for supporting local small business!!